Service as Action
Action (learning by doing and experiencing) is a key component of the IB programme. Service, as a subset of action, has always been a shared value of the IB community. In Grades 6-10, students are encouraged to participate in service-based activities where the students have to take action. They strive to be caring members of the community who demonstrate a personal commitment to service and act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the environment. Please refer to the Service as Action Handbook.
MYP students should, through their engagement with service as action:
· become more aware of their own strengths and areas for growth
· undertake challenges that develop new skills
· discuss, evaluate and plan student-initiated activities
· persevere in action
· work collaboratively with others
· develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism, and intercultural understanding
· consider the ethical implications of their actions.
Service as Action is a requirement for IB MYP graduation and is continued to further education at Al Jabr Islamic School. Although students may complete their reflections at any time it is recommended that they are done as they take part in the different activities.
Have a look what we have done so far
The International Baccalaurate (IB)
offer high quality programmes of international education
to a worldwide community of schools
Jl. Bango II No.38 RT.6/RW.3, Pd.Labu, Cilandak,
Kota Jakarta Selatan
Daerah Khusus Ibu Kota Jakarta
School Call : (021) 75913675
School Email : email@example.com